Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Account Manager inTheodore, AL
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on…
Under general supervision, the Lab Manager organizes and directs the daily activities of the laboratory, while complying with all regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not limited to OSHA, FDA, ISO and Airgas regulations, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Overall areas of responsibility includes supervision of laboratory personnel, conducting and overseeing quality assurance and quality control, and collecting, analyzing, and interpreting lab results. Responsible for gas chromatography, FID, DID, TCD, FTIR, and process analytical testing of raw materials and finished goods; oversight for repair and troubleshooting of analytical testing equipment.
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Exemplifies, promotes and develops safe work behaviors. Provides direct coaching to improve associates safety behaviors resulting in an improved safety culture.
- Performs safety incident investigations recommending corrective actions to eliminate recurrences.
- Develops training tools to support Airgas’s safety, regulatory, continuous improvement and operational efficiency initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory (OSHA, FDA, EPA) requirements and that applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with all Specialty, Medical and Food Gas Standard Operating Procedures and ISO requirements.
Personnel / Personnel Development
- Provides supervision of direct reports, in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of lab personnel in producing, repackaging and analysis of compressed and liquid gases into Specialty Gas products.
- Ensures sufficient operations staffing levels; works with the Plant Manager and Human Resources Department to develop recruitment, staff development and retention strategies.
- Works with the Plant Manager and Human Resources to interview, hire, and train associates; plans, assigns and directs work.
- Ensures subordinate matters/concerns are effectively handled.
- Consults with Human Resources regarding personnel issues including excessive absences and performance management.
- Provides technical assistance to plant personnel as needed.
- Overall responsibility for lab operation including appearance, cleanliness, functionality of equipment and safety.
- Operates and safely maintains the high-pressure gas repackaging plant while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies (Safety Management System), procedures, regulations and laws.
- Manages and maintains facility gauges, thermometers, weights, scales and analytical equipment to ensure proper and timely calibrations and operation.
- Controls expenses thru proper scheduling and execution of preventative maintenance; establishes maintenance schedules for lab equipment and lab-related equipment.
- Conducts periodic checks of the fill plant to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Works with the plant manager to manage and maintain proper specialty gas inventory levels.
- Manages the scheduling of all products within the Production Planning Module (PPM).
- Manages the corrective action tracking system for timely resolution to customers.
- Continuous improvement of all applicable safety, environmental, quality and compliance programs.
- May provide back-up coverage, as needed and where qualified, as directed by immediate supervisor or higher-level management.
- Assists with inventory, general housekeeping and customer service.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability as a highly motivated individual who performs exceptionally well in a leadership capacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety data sheets.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Working knowledge of gas chromatography using DID, FID, TCD, FTIR, detectors, non-dispersive infrared and component-specific analyzers for analysis of gaseous samples.
- Thorough knowledge of manometric and gravimetric gas blending procedures and working knowledge of Laws of Partial Pressure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college/university in chemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing a production/lab staff in an ISO or FDA production environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of planning and blending gas mixtures preferred.
- Experience with repair and trouble-shooting of analyzers a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with SAP and/or a production planning module preferred.
- Minimal (0 – 10%)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and safety data sheets using the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability