Job DescriptionJob #: 1024830
Apex Systems is seeking a Lab Operations Specialist in the Gaithersburg, MD area!
•For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Lab Operations Specialist - MD' in the subject line
This position is with an innovative Biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patients’ own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells.
Reporting to the Research Lab Manager, the individual will coordinate and assist in the build out of 10 brand new Research labs at our existing site in Gaithersburg, MD. In addition, the individual will work directly with facilities to coordinate the preventative maintenance and calibration schedules for new and existing equipment. A demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize laboratory work is required.
- Assist with the site expansion project and planning for Research operations and partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate operational readiness activities in the new lab space including but not limited to: space utilization, vendor communications, new equipment use and training during the construction and roll out of new Research labs in accordance with best practices.
- Manage the transition of Research operations to the new labs, and the relocation of existing laboratory equipment.
- Will provide support and collaborate with team members to ensure a smooth transition of Research operations to the new labs.
- Collaborate with suppliers and Facilities & Engineering concerning the acquisition and installation of new lab equipment and preventative maintenance contracts.
- Act as a liaison between facilities and suppliers and collect all necessary information for the induction of new equipment.
- Interface with Facilities on site to ensure existing equipment is maintained properly and functioning optimally, including submitting work orders and coordinating preventative maintenance and calibration schedules.
- Assist with other research operational duties as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- BA/BS in Scientific Discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a MS degree
- 2 years of relevant research experience/experience working with relevant equipment and researchers.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant lab management experience, ideally within the biotech industry installation etc.
- Detailed understanding and awareness of the type of research performed in the relevant laboratories.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to effectively learn new software.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.