This is a supportive role for our flow lab testing of clinical and pre-clinical samples which includes thawing cryopreserved PBMCs, counting thawed cells with an automated cell counter, generating sample aliquots, and updating the sample status in the database. You will support the return of samples to appropriate sample storage (freezer or liquid nitrogen tanks) and ensure that sample status is updated in the database. This position requires sterile/aseptic technique with tissue culture, preparing reagents, and participating in projects to improve service, quality, and efficiency of the flow team.
You will be responsible for standard preventative maintenance of lab equipment including flow cytometers, documentation of the maintenance of lab equipment according to equipment operating procedures, forms and standard methodologies, including maintaining lab supplies inventory and performing routine laboratory housekeeping in our flow lab.
Critical for this role is demonstrating a high regard for accuracy, attention to detail, effective communication skills, effective time management and organizational skills. People who are passionate about changing patients' lives are encouraged to make a difference with us through the delivery of groundbreaking assay results using clinical specimens to accelerate drugs into the clinic.
- Supporting projects by perform cell thawing, counting cells, and associated project documentation
- Performing cryopreservation of cells, aliquoting and standard tissue culture procedures
- Ensuring samples are returned to appropriate storage and updating sample status in database
- Performing equipment preventive maintenance
- Ordering and maintaining lab supplies and preparing reagents
- Maintaining and supporting safe lab practices and environment
Minimum Required: Associate’s degree (Biology, Chemistry or Life Sciences) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic laboratory skills and be trained in aseptic technique. Good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and must work well in a group environment.
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Bachelor’s degree (Biology, Chemistry or Life Sciences)
- At least 6 months to 1 year relevant laboratory experience
- Previous experience working in a controlled Quality Assurance regulated laboratory with LIMS database experience.