|Working Title||Lab Tech|
The College of Pharmacy Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Program is seeking a Lab Tech. Under direct supervision, the Lab Tech will set-up lab experiments and/or participates in the fabrication and installation of equipment for laboratory research projects. Duties will include the fabrication of research/testing components, preparation of specimens and equipment, preparation of chemical solutions, and cleanup of labs as appropriate. The Lab Tech will assist students in lab activities, and may perform miscellaneous administrative duties. This position will require driving for the delivery of radioactive material. A successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Work hours will be Thursday’s from 8:00am-12:00pm and Monday and Wednesday afternoons for Santa Fe deliveries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Driving and delivery
• Wrap and package dose for delivery dispatching products for delivery
• Prepare chemicals, perform area wipes and surveys
• Assist students in lab experiments, teaching and mentoring, cleans lab and equipment as needed
• Breakdown waste, practice safety, follow environmental and infection control methods, sets up product
for same and next day orders
• Orders supplies, maintains inventory, calibrates, operates and maintains laboratory Equipment
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team and with diverse community
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet time sensitive deadlines
• Safety training
• Chemical safety training
• Defensive driving
• Computer software and MS Office skills
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Possess a Valid, Unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Pharmacy Deans Office (401A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Part-Time|
|Term End Date|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/27/2020|
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.Complete Online Application, attach Cover Letter and Resume. Please provide contact information for three supervisory references (current or previous).
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.