Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Lab Technician I, B&C will support the Building and Construction-Acoustical Department business by performing testing on a variety of building products and components. This is an entry level, hands-on position that requires physical labor. On-the-job training provided and excellent opportunities for growth offered. We’re looking for an individual who can perform tasks with limited supervision while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
Monday through Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm. Opportunity for overtime and travel when required by work load.
· Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies while providing exceptional customer service
· Take full responsibility for assigned projects
· Manage all assigned jobs through Oasis (proposals, job progress, job notifications, invoicing, documentation of test data, reporting, job closure)
· Coordinate test schedule with equipment schedule and other department testing
· Track and condition test specimens
· Set-up/mount and perform standard and advanced/specialty tests on building products in accordance with referenced specifications and procedures
· Check calibration status of test equipment prior to testing
· Analyse test results and write accurate and concise test reports that summarize the test procedures and results
· Communicate with clients regarding test preparation, procedures, and results
· High School Diploma or GED, Degree in a technical field preferred or related experience
· Technically competency to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results and possess a mechanical aptitude
· Familiarity with Quality Assurance policies and procedures which relate to the control, storage, and disposition of test specimens
· General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
· Physical ability to routinely lift at least 50 pounds
· Physical ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, push, pull, etc. as required to perform job duties
· Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Good computer skills using Word and Excel, and AutoCAD if applicable
· Ability to travel as business needs dictate
· Valid Drivers’ License and acceptable driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.