This position is responsible for conducting the mixing and testing of experimental polymeric compound formulation. This work is conducted under the direction of Polymer Engineers and standard guidelines and procedures.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform polymeric compound mixing and test sample preparation
- Perform physical, chemical, and electrical property testing on compound samples
- Maintain records and issue reports on test results generated
- Active participation in ITC Tech Service activities such as facility and equipment maintenance, housekeeping, safety audits, etc.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; organize work into logical process steps; use time effectively; and establish priorities
- The ability to work as an individual or as a team
- Demonstrates sound technical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a commitment to consistently complete tasks on time; persists in the face of obstacles; results oriented
- The ability to gather specific information to understand issues and use good problem solving techniques
- Able to speak concisely and articulately; asks open-ended questions
- Preferred Associates Degree in Polymer Technology or related engineering or technical field
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Indianapolis Technology Center – Indoors, air-conditioned R&D facility
- Maximum lifting requirements: 50 lbs.