Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Lab Technician in Channelview, TX.
• Conduct all job-related tasks in a timely, safe manner; comply with all governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the environment.
• Conduct periodic inspection of the facility and report any unsafe condition or condition posing a potential conflict with environmental permits or regulations to local management.
• Conduct testing of hydrocarbon streams to assure product quality expectations is being met.
• Conduct testing of utility, water and process streams as directed to assure both facility regulatory compliance and process optimization.
• Conduct activity under the direction of the console operator as required maintaining regulatory compliance and optimizing facility performance.
• Conduct inspections of all chemical pumps, sample stations and testing equipment as required to maintain efficient operation of the equipment.
• Complete all assigned tasks in assigned area(s) of responsibility including those related to compliance assurance.
• Execution of the test procedures along with the results must be accurate
• Provide assistance to outside operators upon request to assure facility performance.
• Complete all deviation reports, including safety, environmental and work orders.
• Respond to any direction provided by facility management.
• Prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment for maintenance or repair.
• Execute all tasks related to startup and shutdown of equipment in assigned areas of responsibility. Participate in emergency response activities.
• Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
• Minimum of 1 year(s) of related work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company. Interpersonal communication skit(s are required in order to interface with alt affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 501bs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
• 3 to 5 years' experience hydrocarbon or environmentat testing in a gas processing, petrochemical, liquid fractionation or refining facility.
• Proficient in the use of alt Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
• CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) experience (SAP, Maximo etc.)
• Experience with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures
• Experience in work permit process
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.