Title: Lab Technologist
Location: Bridgeville PA
Duration: 29 months (extension possible)
- Candidate will performs clinical laboratory tests, procedures and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lab Technologist will prepare specimens for analysis and organize tests to be performed.
- Preparation and labelling of reagents required for laboratory testing should be carried out by the Lab Technologist
- As a duty he/she will conduct analyses of dried blood spots or body fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Lab Technologist will review test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedules and procedures.
- Lab Technologist will verify proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Responsibility of the Lab Technologist is to record the instrument logs any repairs, part replacements and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Abide by laboratory safety policies and procedures will be the duty of the Lab Technologist
- As the work is in Clinical laboratory environment; some exposure to blood borne pathogens and chemical irritants.
- Exposure to MS/MS equipment, liquid handlers and centrifuges.
- Lab Technologist must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves, face shield and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.