Wayne County is seeking a dynamic, strategic-minded and technology savvy individual to support the Labor Relations and Dispute Resolution Division within the Department of Personnel/Human Resources. Wayne County currently has approximately 3500 employees and works with 18 locals and maintains 13 collective bargaining agreements. The Labor RelationsAnalyst is responsible for implementation and administration of assigned labor relations programs ensuring adherence to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement Restorative Practice (Circle) as a means to resolve workplace inter-personal conflicts
- Assist in investigation of employee complaints such as harassment, improper conduct, workplace violence, and so forth
- Advise managers on labor issues when needed
- Preside over Step 4 Hearings and Arbitrations
- Prepare Step 4 responses
- Prepare briefs related to above mentioned administrative hearings
- Assist in the development of strategies for negotiations
- Assist in all aspects of the contract negotiation process
- Handle all aspects of the grievance process
This is an appointed position and the incumbent serves at the pleasure of the County Executive and reports directly to the Director of Labor Relations. Eligible candidates will be knowledgeable in civil service, unemployment laws, benefits, compensation, organizational design, communication, negotiation, EEOC and other employment regulation and compliance; have at least 5 years of experience in the above mentioned areas; a Bachelor's Degree is Preferred.
Please include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer