Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing career development opportunities.
We are looking for a Labor Relations Manager at our corporate headquarters located in Dallas, Texas.
Essential Job Duties
Support with all employee and labor relations matters under the guidance of the Labor Relations/Human Resources Director.
Responsible for having an in-depth knowledge of multiple labor contracts and advising multiple local HRs on administration of those labor contracts.
Support plants with grievances process through arbitration.
Assist with preparation for contract negotiations including costing
Generates, maintains and provides reports as required.
Analyzes, researches, provides recommendations and develops new policies or updates existing policies on a variety of employment issues in compliance with evolving and current laws and organizational standards.
Develops and maintains responsible relationships with labor organizations representing multiple locations.
Keeps abreast of developments in labor relations, recent arbitration decisions and conducts research on tops of interest in meeting company objectives.
Coordinates corporate projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Labor/Industrial Relations, HR Management or related degree.
- 7+ years of experience in Labor Relations preferred.
- Knowledge of all employment related laws.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, team building and process improvement skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence with ability to identify and manage interactions at all levels of the organization by altering their approach based on situation and individuals involved.
- Proficiency in completing workplace investigations, including conducting interviews, collecting evidence, documenting and recommending path forward.
- Familiarity with HR analytics/reporting/software in order to support and drive logical and informed decision-making.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and ability to influence.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communications (verbal and written), and the ability to handle complex and emotional issues and resolve conflict.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- Must be open to relocation for subsequent opportunities.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment a plus.
- Previous contract administration and negotiations experience.
- Experience with HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft preferred.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status