Laboratory Assistant II/ Medical Assistant II
Job Number: 216607
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Providence is calling a (Per Diem/ Variable Shift) Laboratory Assistant II/ Medical Assistant II to our Facey Urgent Care location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for providing direct care to patients under the direction of the physician and/or licensed nurse.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of school for medical assistants and certificate or diploma/ certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- One year of direct hands-on experience required.
- Works independently with little supervision.
- Knows proper phlebotomy procedures and follows them.
- Knowledge of UR/QA requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver patient care in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills essential.
- Knowledge of CLIA and laboratory Quality Control (QC) requirements preferred.
- BAT, Audiometry, Spirometry certification preferred.
- Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) strongly recommended.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.