We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Assistant like you to join our organization.
You will be working at UCF Lake Nona Medical Center. UCF Lake Nona Medical Center, a partnership hospital between HCA Healthcare’s North Florida Division and UCF Academic Health, will open in March 2021, transforming Central Florida’s health-care community on a journey toward an academic medical approach.
Located in Orlando’s Medical City at Lake Nona, the hospital will provide healing for patients throughout Central Florida and beyond, educate the healthcare providers of the future and support the work of brilliant medical researchers that will lead to lifesaving care.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understand specimen rejection
- Venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Heel sticks on infants (as patient population requires)
- Specimen collection documentation
- Procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Education to the patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Reviews of the Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate