The Laboratory Manager of Quality and Regulatory Compliance is responsible for maintaining compliance policies, executing compliance training and education, and performing audits; investigating incidents and providing reports on investigations. The Manager facilitates and leads team efforts to establish and monitor customer relations, supports strategic planning and deployment initiatives, and helps develop measurement systems to determine organizational improvement. The position will evaluate opportunities to enhance services through technology, tools and processes by presenting recommendation before leadership.
The Laboratory Manager of Quality and Regulatory Compliance ensures optimal provision and coordination of Laboratory services and resources through the development and monitoring of metrics and goals.Collaborates with service line leaders at ministries to develop action plan to address performance variance, rectify safety events, and mitigate regulatory concerns that involve Laboratory Services.
- Responsible for developing a culture that recognizes quality assurance as an essential part of its operations.
- Provides leadership and coordination to various technical associates engaged in specified project activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards such as (CAP, COLA, CLIA, TJC), as well as guarantee quality assurance/quality control practices and safety standards across CHRISTUS Health.
- Assist in leading the efforts of CHRISTUS Health Utilization Committee under the Supervision of System Laboratory Director
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of Laboratory Quality/Compliance Dashboard for CHRISTUS Health under the supervision and direction of System Laboratory Director
- Works collaboratively with HR, Patient Safety, Epidemiology, Infection Control and Risk Management to assure compliance with related healthcare regulations.Supports these groups in ensuring Laboratory metrics, operations and audits are focused on high value targets toward improving patient care.
- Assists in the evaluation, selection and implementation of necessary technology and management information systems to support patient care needs and appropriate utilization of professional/technical resources
- Manage the implementation of system-wide initiatives, and serve as representative and advocate for Laboratory stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Laboratory Leaders across all ministries to identify opportunities for improvement to enhance processes, quality, patient safety, and financial stewardship and communicates recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Provides functional governance through formulation, set-up and review of functional metrics, dashboards, strategies and performance goals.
- Assesses compliance and effectiveness of policies and procedures upon implementation.
- Provides support, identification, participation, and mentoring of strategic project teams related to governance and compliance.Assists in Driving strategic and process improvement plans across Laboratory service lines.
- Assists in monitoring operational targets for areas of responsibility and assists in developing corrective action plans for variances in the department productivity reports.
- Acts as a liaison to other CHRISTUS Health departments.Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with physicians and other service lines to gather and exchange information, develop and implement solutions to problems.
- Develop, review, revise, submit and implement policies, procedures and objectives and ensure policies and procedures are consistent with CHRISTUS Health core values, goals and objectives.
- Makes recommendations to management on new processes, tools, techniques, or the development of new imaging services.
- Insures that the quality of services is regularly assessed and that those services are continuously improved according to prescribed quality assessment and methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent degree required
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
- 5 years as a Medical Technologist, MLS, CLS or Equivalent
- 2-3 years Supervisory or Management experience
- 10 years or greater as a Medical Technologist, MLS, CLS or Equivalent preferred
- Multi-hospital system experience preferred
- Background in Laboratory Quality and Regulatory Compliance preferred
- Registered as MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or CLS(AMT) or equivalent is required
- Licensure as Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) if required by State