The Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Laboratory Technician must promote good public relations for the department and Jennie Stuart Medical Center while maintaining patient/customer confidentiality. Testing personnel are responsible for performing the examination of materials or specimens taken from the human body to provide information or materials for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical condition. This includes the preanalytic, analytic, and post analytic phases of such examinations. Expected to comply with the direction of the Section Supervisor in the department assigned. The Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist applies and implements the philosophy, goals and objectives of Jennie Stuart Medical Center.
Required Licenses:Clinical Laboratory Personnel Technologist
• Must be certified as an MT or CLS from national accrediting agency.
• Must meet minimum CLIA ’88 guidelines for High Complexity Testing Personnel, one of the following:
1. MD or DO with current medical license in State of laboratory's location¹; OR
2. Doctorate in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science; OR
3. Master's in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological science; OR
4. Bachelor's in medical technology from NAACLS-accredited program, chemical, physical or biological science; and Certified by as an MT or CLS from a national accrediting agency.
Minimum Work Experience:
• Minimum of one year as a generalist preferred.
• New graduate or uncertified technician will have a six month grace period to become nationally certified.