Job Title: Laboratory Operations Manager
Location: Adelphia Maryland
Odyssey will be providing strategic, analytical, logistical, and technology development support services that directly support the research at experimental facilities located at Adelphi Laboratory Center (ALC), MD. Odyssey will support the ARL development efforts that require strategic planning, forecasting, technical data analysis, experimental test planning and support for various technical events and pragmatic forums.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties included but not limited to
- Understanding and working knowledge of the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and ensures all users are in compliance with those standards
- Review research protocols of internal and external research groups in an effort to stay abreast as to what research projects are occurring in the lab at any given time
- Update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan/Manual and the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Manual
- Oversees laboratory safety and security to ensure that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. In cases where non-compliance is found, documents the instances as well as how they were abated.
- Manages and updates Chemical inventories and/or Risk Group Agent inventories
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to internal and external researchers working in the lab.
- Ensures all users of the lab are wearing the appropriate Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE)
This position is contingent upon Program Award.
- US Citizen
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Junior-Level: Three (3) years of specialized experience in managing labs/facilities or a comparable job description
- Mid-Level: Ten (10) years of specialized experience in managing labs/facilities or a comparable job description
- Senior-Level: Fifteen (15) years of specialized experience in managing labs/facilities or a comparable job description
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.#LI-POST