We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Millsboro, DE. Details for the position are as follows:
4 x 10 hr days / wk – 4 wk rotating schedule including Monday thru Sunday shifts (ability to work any day of the week): Hours – 8am-6:30pm Estimated potential OT weekly 10+ hours
- A Laboratory Technician is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of veterinary products.
- Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing cell culture processes throughout the manufacturing cycle.
- At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department supervision.
- Perform procedures including aseptic work, media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
- Cleaning work areas, prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
- Equipment setup and operation
- Note - Embryonic eggs are utilized for virus propagation 2. Hazardous materials: Isopropal Alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide, Phenolic Disinfectants, Oxidizers 4.