At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Rocky Mountain Analytical provides specialized tests to naturopathic doctors, physicians and other healthcare providers who practice integrative medicine; RMA is a division of LifeLabs and is seeking a part time, temporary (until April 2020) Medical Lab Technologist to join our team in Calgary, Alberta.
The Medical Lab Technologist will perform a variety of analytical tests and will prepare samples. Through accuracy, quality, efficiency and expediting test results, you will contribute to patient well-being and the achievement of better health outcomes. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Conducting a wide range of diagnostic and interpretive specimen testing.
- Sample assessment storage and handling and ensure that samples are suitable for testing
- Prioritise samples as per protocols, store and prepare samples for testing
- Prepare reagents according to protocols including completion of documentation and records
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots GCMS, LCMS and ICMPS instruments in the laboratory
- Assess and determine the validity of results based on testing criteria and investigate and resolve unusual or discrepant results
- Monitor the analytical process during testing, identify any anomalies or defects within the testing process
- Maintain accurate documents and records related to procedures and quality control records
- Perform other technical tasks as required
Are You a Good Fit?
Rocky Mountain Analytical is seeking a Registered Technologist with CSMLS and CMLTA (or eligible to be registered) who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Registered with CMLTA and hold an MLT Practice Permit
- 1- 3 years of lab experience
- ELISA methodology experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
At Rocky Mountain Analytical great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why Rocky Mountain Analytical provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!