Responsible for the operation of shop floor ovens, VPI tank, burn and strip process, dip tank, sand blasting, grease/grind, shop floor garbage and scrap.
The candidate must have some experience and knowledge of sand blasting, steam cleaning and power washing equipment and know how to use basic hand and power tools, pneumatic impact wrenches, operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
Must have a careful and safety oriented attitude to avoid and prevent injury to self and others. Must be able to follow written work instructions and be willing and able to learn company and customer specific policies, procedures and work instructions.
The Plant Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks as required
- Responsible for correctly and completely recording any required data onto associated documents and records.
- Performs the daily function of a Laborer and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret work instructions and technical manuals written.
- Able to lift 50lbs, as needed, without assistance, must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ensures and verifies that all work is performed to applicable standards, policies, procedures, work instructions and customer specifications.
- Follows the Policies and Procedures listed in the Quality Management System manual that impact production and quality, data entry and safety.
- Must be able to clearly complete paperwork and records of work performed.
- Must work in a safe manner and be aware of the dangers and hazards associated with tools, lifting devices and electrical hazards.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime, as assigned.
- Able to operate an overhead crane and drive a fork lift
- Must have initiative and require minimal supervision
- Reports any malfunctioning or out of calibration equipment
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environment.
- Must act in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Must adhere to plant PPE requirements.
- Perform sand blasting, operate VPI and/or dip tank, burn and strip, loading and unloading of ovens and daily garbage and scrap.
- Other duties, as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Experience with rotating electrical equipment (motors, generators, blowers and fans) highly preferred.
Experience with railroads, Class 1, AAR and EASA standards and specifications, highly preferred.
Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 Policies (highly preferred), Procedures and Work Instructions.
Must be a proficient and safe operator of overhead cranes, forklifts and other lifting equipment.
Proficient user of calipers, micrometers, gages and other mechanical measuring equipment, desirable.
Proficient user of electrical testing equipment, such as, multi-meters, Megger, Hi-Pot, surge tester desirable
Good verbal and written communications skills
Performs all duties in safe manner that will not cause injury to self or others. Handles pressure, calmly and safely. Gives feedback and maintains a safe and healthy working environment.
Laborer / Warehouse Worker