Requisition Primary LocationManassas, Virginia
- Work alongside the driver of a residential garbage truck and assist in the manual collection of solid waste or recyclable material.
- This is a labor-intensive position requiring regular heavy lifting and climbing in and out of the truck.
- This position will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
- This is a full time, year round position. A typical schedule for this position is Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays as needed, approximately 50-55 hour work week.
- Employees are paid weekly. The starting pay for this position is $150 per day (day rate). With overtime, a laborer typically earns between 40-50K per year.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Requires frequent bending, stretching, throwing, reaching, lifting and jogging.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Physical stamina – Must be able to continually lift 50+ lbs throughout a 10-11 hour shift.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
Join our team today!
On top of competitive pay we offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term & long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
American Disposal offers a CDL training program for qualified individuals at no charge.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)