*This is a position we are accepting applications for, but currently do not have any openings.
C. S. McCrossan is a diversified highway/heavy civil general contractor, which provides construction infrastructure services to federal, state, county and municipal transportation departments. We are committed to managing our resources for the benefit of our clients and employees, and providing the highest standard of quality and safety in the completion of our projects. Our innovative approach in both construction and project management has yielded successful partnerships with government and private agencies. We value collaboration and cooperation and believe in extending respect and courtesy to everyone.
- Job Type: Union, Seasonal
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: Varies
- Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/GED
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Laborers at C. S. McCrossan are typically assigned to one of five different divisions, including: underground, asphalt or concrete paving, dirt, structures or pit/plant. The work of a laborer with C. S. McCrossan is physical, includes numerous labor intensive tasks, and is of a seasonal nature typically occurring between April and November.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with hand signals.
- General knowledge of the heavy highway construction industry
Essential Job Functions
- Shovel material (dirt, asphalt, etc.) and backfill
- Carry ladders
- Prepare the worksite
- Tip and roll manhole covers
- Standing for periods of time
- General demolition tasks
- Assist with equipment maintenance
- Direct traffic and trucks
- Follow all safety procedures
- Wear personal protective equipment when required
- Communicate with equipment operators, supervisors and other employees
- Clean and remove debris from the work area
- Additional laborer and general construction duties as assigned
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
- Ability to lift 30 pounds up to 2/3 of work time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds up to 1/3 of work time
- Work on rough terrain
- Demonstrate or be corrected to 20/20 vision
- Perform job tasks requiring frequent shoveling, bending, twisting, lifting and carrying of materials
- Exposure to various weather conditions
- Exposure to noise, dust and other materials
- Exposure to heavy equipment, power tools and traffic
- Exposure to heights up to 50 feet
Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training.
Willingness to carry out other related duties assigned or requested by the Supervisor
Benefits are provided through the union
Thank you for your interest in this position with C. S. McCrossan. To begin the application process, click the apply button above.
C. S. McCrossan