- Provide functions of position in a professional, reliable and consistent manner with safety as top priority
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures
- Perform cleanup and organize warehouse and facility as instructed
- Inspect and hand separate materials according to type, based on metal, color, shape, size, marking, or other characteristics as established by company procedure; check for unacceptable materials.
- Place materials in containers, supersacks and bins as instructed
- Operate mobile equipment including forklift/skid steer
- Place material collection bins, supersacks and containers as instruted
- Assist with adjustments and minor repairs to equipment using simple hand tools as required
- Perform other routine tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor/Facility Manager
- May be trained to perform incoming/outgoing material inspection duties.
- High School Diploma / GED is required
- Ability to interact positively with all customers and co-workers
- Able to operate in a demanding environment under a variety of climates and condition
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Ability to work flexible hours to include overtime and weekends
- Ability to communicate verbally with both internal and external customers.
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to properly wear all required PPE equipment.
- Vision abilities required to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to have visual acuity to operate equipment.
- Ability to stand constantly throughout shift, walk constantly, frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms) speak and hear on a frequent basis. This role requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Laborer is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
This position does not involve any supervisory responsibility.