Job TitleLaborer/ Traffic Control
Requisition Primary LocationErie, Colorado
Front Range Landfill – a Waste Connections Company – is looking to fill a traffic controller and laborer at our landfill in Erie, CO.
In this position you be checking in trucks that are entering the landfill. You will be responsible for making sure all drivers and visitors are wearing proper protective equipment including vests, proper footwear, and hard hats. This is an extremely safety sensitive position, so we are ideally looking for candidates that have worked in safety sensitive environments previously and whose number one priority matches Waste Connections number one operating value = SAFETY!
- Direct truck to correct lanes and let the drivers know when to dump.
- Communicate with the deck commander on when to initiate drivers.
- Check for correct PPE on all drivers.
- Work on your feet throughout the entire shift.
- Manual labor, paper picking, keeping landfill clean and presentable.
- Helps with fueling, cleaning, and servicing heavy equipment.
- Heavy lifting, moving items from one place to another within the landfill.
- Mowing, weeding, and landscaping as needed.
- Working outside in all weather conditions.
The schedule will be Monday – Friday with some Saturdays. This position starts at 7 am and averages 50 hours + a week.
- 2 years of work experience preferred.
- The ability to continually lift up to 75 lbs on occasion.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions throughout the entire shift.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)