Cable Services Company, headquartered in Williamsport, PA, performs construction and cable installation projects within five to six state area in the Northeast region of the US. Project hours vary by project and can be influenced by weather. Frequent overnight travel is required along with overtime in order to meet project related deadlines.
Summary / Objective
Underground Laborers are responsible for performing manual work on various projects including underground and assisting with air.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate outdoor equipment including track hoes, backhoes, cable plows, trenchers, directional drills, digger derricks, skid steers, etc.
- Stock truck with materials to ensure adequate supply for work assignments
- Perform construction related activities including digging, trenching, plowing cable. In addition, employee will set poles, anchors, pedestals and vaults
- Perform general construction related activities such as pulling a rope, using common hand tools, digging with a shovel, cable handling, and general cleanup activities
- Complete daily equipment safety inspections and maintenance check
- Conduct preventative maintenance and care on vehicles and equipment
- Set-up traffic controls and flag or direct traffic as needed
- Work hand in hand with aerial crews as they transfer cable to underground
- Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (i.e. timesheet, truck report, expense report)
- Responsible for assigned tools and equipment
- Perform work in a safe manner and comply with all established company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to occasionally move materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Must maintain a professional attitude and possess a strong work ethic
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with outdoor equipment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to pass a criminal background screen and drug test
While performing this job, an employee is exposed to varying weather conditions.
Tools and equipment utilized for this position include hand tools, jack hammers, skid steers, back hoes, cable plows, trenchers, directional drills, digger derricks, and various other pieces of outdoor power equipment.
This position may require travel which could include traveling to projects in different cities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cable Services Company maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Cable Services Company, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity