Job DescriptionJob #: 1056298
Apex Systems is looking to hire a Lab Technician at a large Biotech company in South San Francisco. IF you are interested, please send your resume to Aaron Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the department by working effectively within the group to meet department goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks, which include cleaning, sterilizing, and prepping labware.
- Have knowledge of basic computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Adhere to SOPs, cGMPs and other established procedures.
- Prioritize tasks and assignments to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Assigned Work and Support Tasks.
- Ensure distribution satellites are maintained with required inventory levels utilizing FIFO (First In-First Out).
- Assist Lab Services Technicians as necessary.
- Update labware deliveries on request system daily and complete assigned support tasks on time.
- Provide routine updates to Supervisor/leads on progress, status, and issues associated with labware delivery and stock inventory status.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and 5S as assigned.
- Adjust to schedule changes, work overtime as necessary and float between groups as needed to support operations.
- Ensure that all work is completed by end of day.
- Utilize time wisely to maximize productivity.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and lab staff.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet timeline commitments and inform others of status, issues, and customer requests as necessary.
- Adheres to appropriate laws, GNE regulations and programs, and GMP documentation procedures.
- Follow safety guidelines as required for your area.
- Maintain own training through CHRIS LSO and attend at least 1 GMP training course per year.
- Complete training records in a timely manner.
- May operate lab process equipment as necessary.
- Will drive a company vehicle
- Competencies: Collaboration and Teamwork People demonstrating this competency have a drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including individuals outside their own team and functional area to positively impact business performance and optimize the input of those involved.
- Looks for opportunities to help others.
- Constructively accepts decisions made that are different than own view.
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among colleagues.
- Maintains professionalism in the presence of conflict.
- Offers productive and relevant views and information to impact decisions.
- Driving for Results People demonstrating this competency drive for the achievement and improvement of business results, such results being broader in nature and with greater business impact at higher levels in the organization.
- Responds to new requests with appropriate urgency and an organized approach.
- Holds self-accountable to fulfill assigned tasks and achieve results within timelines.
- Asks for additional responsibilities or assignments when able.
- Candidate must have at least a high school degree, or at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
41,312 - 54,908 /yearWhat is this?
Laboratory Technician (General)
Laboratory Technician (General)