Manage daily operations in GM location/Department. Result’s driven, by way of maintaining an appealing retail environment and ensuring a well-trained team committed to delivering “excellence in customer service”, building lasting customer relationships.
Key Results Areas
- General Merchandise Daily Operations and Labor Controls
- Recruitment, Training and Development of Hourly Employees
- Retail Environment and Customer Service
- Implementations of Promotions & Event set-up
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and Direct Operations of General Merchandise Location
- Grow the volume of General Merchandise sales
- Maintain labor objectives
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Prepares reports for daily business needs or as assigned by Store Manager
- Communicate regularly with the Store Manager/Co-manager regarding
- Product Style Options
- Product Availability
- Recruitment, Training and Development of Employees
- Participates in interviews with Store Manager / Co-manager of eligible candidates
- Ensure General Merchandise personnel are adequately trained to meet daily business needs
- Completes store operational requirements by setting daily assignments for employees; following up on work results.
- Trains store staff by reviewing and studying sales training and product information materials
- Inventory Management
- Manage and process all receipts of incoming inventory, ensuring accuracy
- Maintain assortment representation
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock through floor replenishment to support demand and acceptable inventory turn
- Performs periodic cycle counts
- Participates in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports, etc.)
- Retail Environment and Customer Service
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers and internal customers of the dealerships’
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously
- Point out any current sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers
- Assist customers with their selection of merchandise and offer additional product that compliments the purchase
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy, a positive attitude and demonstrate our shared values and commitment to success to do the right thing at the right time to deliver exception customer service
- Become proficient in current POS System
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor
- Ensure Retail environment for General Merchandise Location/department is well merchandise, displays clean, well dusted and appealing to customers
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Implements all business promotions.
- Other Duties
- As Assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities – Team Leaders and Associates
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with respect.
- Demonstrate superior customer service behavior for all personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customer, suppliers, sub-contractors, employees and General manager and owner(s)
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate professionalism in providing customer service.
- Present an up-beat, friendly, outgoing personality to customers; no matter what the situation
- Use integrity in all business dealings
- Safety- Ride Safe and create a safe work environment
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience with retail sales
- Preferred knowledge and experience with Harley Davidson General Merchandise or other product sold by dealership, or demonstrate the ability to quickly learn
- Friendly, outgoing personality; must demonstrate ability to get along with broad customer base.
- Schooling or experience in retail sales, food and beverage or hospitality.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Must have the ability to stand and work the sales floor for extended periods during scheduled shift
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50 lb. of merchandise.
- Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other events.