Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Assessment, intervention, evaluation of the breastfeeding dyad.
- Provide evidence-based education to healthcare professionals and patients.
- Participates in administering the hospital-based breast pump rental program.
- Rounds on patients in the nursing units daily.
- Provides accurate and consistent information to clients and patients regarding breastfeeding as well as FHT policies & procedures.
- Works well with hospital staff and providers
- Keep supplies cleaned and orderly according to policy.
- Participate in opportunities to educate the community regarding breastfeeding/research projects/speaking opportunities/FHT committees.
- Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs
- Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy
- Maternity nursing or Newborn nursing experience
- International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Registered Nurse – Florida
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification (NRP)
As an International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant with FHT you will provide services while delivering the whole care experience in a faith-based atmosphere. You will be making rounds on the units, provide telephone consultation, offer private consultation, teach breastfeeding classes, provide outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.