Lamp Stack Developer/Systems Engineer- Bronx, NY
Seeking a special junior to mid-level resource-cum-LAMP developer and Sys Admin (Stack from the HTML/JS/CSS to OS), intellectually flexible and curious, customer facing experience, puts the personal touch above process, who doesn't eat or breath any one particular tech but understands that full stack means different things to different organizations and wants to know and own their stack, who really has the experience with the L the A, the M, and the P (prefer PHP and Python to Perl). Sensitive to common security, development and OS practices and can improve them through research and discussion and interaction. Self-starter, question asker willing to ask and answer their own questions (what is the right way to do X beyond the documented steps). CPANEL or Plesk experience (UI or lower level) A++. Knows that Windows is nothing to be afraid of though Windows folks' eyes glaze over when looking at Linux. Cloud CLI ++. Bash scripting assumed.
- Expertise with Red Hat, Ubuntu, LAMP stack both in system administration and installation/configuration.
- Recommend, implement and maintain CMS systems and tools. Including WordPress, Drupal, Omeka and LibApps.
- Proficiency in Git, web server administration, and interaction with APIs and database systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with digital asset management systems, open-source software, hosted or cloud-based platforms.
- Experience making contributions (code and governance) to open source projects.
- Experience supporting Linux system including the use of problem logging and tracking systems
Non Technical Requirements
- Must have project management skills, the ability to stretch limited resources and a do-it-yourself attitude!
- Good communication skills, experience working with Faculty, writing e-mail responses,
- Create functional and technical specifications for development,
- Recommend programmatic solutions; modify, write and document program code or code changes.
- Recommend tools, languages, technologies, techniques, and standards. Build development environment automation.
- Write documentation for developed applications.
- Providing basic written how-to or web page help information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/MIS or equivalent