Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become a top 10 U.S. public homebuilder, and in 2018 we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. How did we get here? By focusing on our buyers, working side by side with each one to build a home that achieves their goals and fulfills their dreams. To remain an industry leader, we need passionate self-starters, changemakers and thoughtful collaborators. Just as our motto is A Home for Every Dream™, we’re committed to finding the right candidate for every dream job.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and employer match, paid time off. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position). If you’re interested in a career with Century Communities, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Communities in Houston is currently looking for a top-notch Land professional to join our Houston team!
The Land Acquisition Manager assists with identifying new land acquisition opportunities that align with the land strategy and business plan goals of the division. Conduct research, provide analysis and manage land data for the purposes of maximizing the profit of existing and proposed land assets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Contact landowners in specific target areas directly (in person, by phone, letters of interest, and other means).
- Use online appraisal district maps and municipal maps to gather information on specific sites or areas. Information will include utilities, zoning, topography, entitlement status, and other development-related information to assess each site.
- Maintain a tracking log of viable tracts and comparable transactions.
- Follow municipal agendas weekly to understand what active projects an acquisition opportunity for maybe partially entitled, fully entitled or finished lots.
- Contact brokers on their listings and gather pertinent information.
- Establish relationships based on integrity throughout the real estate community – landowners, brokers, municipal employees, engineers, developers, attorneys, land planners, and personal relationships which may lead to an opportunity. Attend networking events to generate new contacts and source deals.
- Follow up on leads through relationships and news gathered from a variety of media sources.
- Due diligence assistance with zoning requirements, architectural requirements, utility availability, surveys, title work, rollback tax estimations, soil reports, financial analysis, environmental reports, work proposals, preliminary engineering, and land planning.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Utilize Google Earth and other mapping tools to create exhibits and track land opportunities.
- Incorporate utility information, floodplain, and net acreage into map exhibits.
Underwriting/Competitive Market Analysis/Letters Of Intent
- Assist land team with the preparation of financial proformas and plugging in assumptions including timing, pricing, product lineup, sales pace, municipal fees, and other costs associated with development to determine the viability of proposed land acquisitions.
- Perform residual analyses to determine appropriate offer prices for land acquisitions.
- Update and maintain proformas as assumptions change.
- Populate CMA’s to help understand how the proposed product line up and pricing compares to other communities in the market area.
- Create reports from market research resources such as Zonda, Bohlke, Metrostudy, and other data resources to help determine consumer’s product preferences.
- Assist in the preparation of LOI’s based on the terms discussed with acquisition leadership.
Asset Management Committee (AMC) Packages/Updates/Memos
- With the guidance and assistance of Land Acquisition leadership, prepare detailed land packages with relevant support data and exhibits for submittal to the Asset Management Committee to seek approval of real estate transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of update memos during the acquisition period as well as during development and post-closing.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree in Business, finance, engineering or related field required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Homebuilding/Residential construction, Single or Multi-Family Land Acquisitions REQUIRED.
- Experience in Land Acquisitions, Planning and Development.
- Knowledge and existing relationships of/in the Houston land market.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports or legal documents.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, full benefits suite including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(k) with employer match and paid vacation and sick leave. We are an EEO employer.