Growing senior housing company in Salem, Oregon is seeking a Land Acquisition and Real Estate Development Project Manager experienced in the entire process of real estate development.
We are looking for an individual to become part of our successful, fun, fast paced team who are extremely passionate about senior care. The Development Project Managers primary duties are to acquire land and develop it into a senior housing community.
Qualified Individuals must be experienced in the following:
- Market analysis: Conduct and or perform in- depth market analysis to identify specific areas for new development, which considers the location of existing communities, placement of competition, potential market penetration and demographics.
- Site selection, contract negotiation acquisition : Locate favorable site for future development projects. Investigate and analyze real estate activity on potential development areas to determine the fair market value of proposed sites. Negotiate and manage all terms of property acquisitions; work closely with legal, development, architectural and financial team to ensure compliance with all legal and company requirements. Submit documentations of terms/conditions to all necessary party including legal for preparation of contracts.
- Viability Assessment Proforma development: Complete a financial analysis and develop and maintain financial pro forma and related documents for each of the proposed sites.
- Jurisdictional research and due diligence: Identify pertinent development issues and standards that will impact on both existing and potential projects
- Land Use Process and entitlements: Assemble and manage a team of coworkers and consultants to work required processes and obtain entitlements. Review sites to determine viability, cost, zoning requirements, local Ordinance ad acceptability to the company and seller.
- Project management and coordination: Work with a team to shepherd construction documents through site design, plans review process and obtaining building permits. Must have design insight, be familiar and have knowledge of constructions drawings and specifications. Monitor construction progress as owners representative. Assist with on-site construction management issues, budgets and schedules. Must have general knowledge of bid documents and construction contracts, draws, change order etc. Manage the project from site identification, development, construction and successful delivery of the building.
- Travel: Extensive travel required.
Fast-paced and energetic office environment
- College degree required
- 2 + years experience in real estate
- Site acquisition and
- Development planning a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of market and economic analysis/evaluation, financial and land evaluation.
- Strong computer
- Microsoft Windows Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with frequent interactions with internal and external contacts of all levels of authority and responsibility.
- Professional demeanor;
- Respond favorably
- Communicate effectively
- Team Player; Demonstrates ability to work within cross-functional teams, in a support role.
- Self-directed problem solver: takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight once familiar with job requirements.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze information, and interpret complex issues in order to determine therootproblem and make effective decisions to bring the issue to a successful conclusion.
- Highly organized and flexible; with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances, in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
- Competitive salary
- Generous 401K program
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts
- Excellent team environment
- Work for a successful progressive company with 18 years of operation
Company Overview :
Bonaventure is a family of companies dedicated to developing and providing an exceptional senior lifestyle. Bonaventures consistent success has been based upon a simple formula: engaged and satisfied residents, happy team members and fiscally responsible growth.
This formula has taken Bonaventure from the two-community company it started out as in 1999 to a portfolio of 24 architecturally refined and amenity-rich senior living communities with a focus on multi-use campuses providing retirement living assisted living and memory care. A solid sustainable growth plan allows us to continually develop and build new communities in new markets to spread the Retirement Perfected™" lifestyle throughout the west. But we believe our greatest accomplishment is our resident satisfaction, with more than 9 out of 10 residents enthusiastically recommending us to their friends and family.
Bonaventure Senior Living achieves one of the highest resident satisfaction ratings in the industry through a belief in the importance of choice, independence and fun for each resident, dedicated and well-trained staff members, branded activity and culinary programs and, above all, extraordinary service. We seek out and hire the most qualified personnel and enhance their capabilities with training and support that far exceeds industry standards.