At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: Assists Land Development Manager or VP Land Development in managing all budget activities pertaining to actual land development. Prepares necessary documentation and spreadsheets to allow purchase and start-up of new projects and tracking of on-going projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Land Development department with the creation, maintenance and oversight of Land Development budgets and expenditures.
- Prepares analysis of all work activities and material quantities to allow cost estimate to be prepared for prospective projects.
- Prepares bid specs for each request for proposal on new projects.
- Reviews subcontractors’ invoices to ensure contract compliance and proper coding for payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares analysis and recommendations for corrective action for budget overages.
- Maintains detailed documentation of actual costs and estimated costs to complete for all Land Development projects.
- Responsible for all applicable Sarbanes-Oxley compliance issues as they pertain to Land Development.
Education & Experience
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, and construction or planning preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering drawings and setting schedules for development.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Flexible to respond to, prioritize, and perform varying tasks as necessary.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Typical office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee’s job duties may change at any time, in the company’s sole discretion.