This positions is primarily responsible for managing all off-site development activities. Reviews projects that Division may purchase, manages process to get necessary approvals, manages engineers’ work, bids and awards contracts to subcontractors, and ensures developments come in on time and within budget.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all aspects of contract process, including preparing scopes of work, invitations to bid, bid lists, accurate takeoffs, bid negotiation, awarding of contract and management of change orders.
- Reviews and tracks all offsite plans, including grading, sewer, water, storm drain, streets, walls (freestanding and retaining), fencing, slope landscape and model complexes. Coordinates design to meet budget and schedule with Civil Engineers, Landscape Architects, Geotechnical Engineers and Structural Engineers.
- Initiates, tracks and maintains all Development budgets in JD Edwards accounting system, including coordination with Forward Planning and Accounting to track and correct errors/inaccurate information. Creates and follows cash flow projections for all projects. Reviews and approves all change orders, invoices and addendums.
- Maintains all approvals and permissions to proceed in regards to permitting. Coordinates with on-site superintendents for compliance with all regulatory rules and requirements.
- Works closely with builders and Forward Planning Department (where applicable) to ensure timely processing of all offsite plans. Manages schedules to accurately report construction start and completion dates.
- Manages bonds. Tracks and accumulates necessary information to facilitate exonerations in timely manner. Works with Offsite Superintendents to expedite bond releases and punch list completions.
- Organizes Development Department by maintaining and directing personnel in regards to procedure and filing.
Education & Experience
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, construction or planning preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering drawings and setting schedules for development.
- PE/PMP preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking
- Relationship building and networking
- Strategic planning
- Organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Analytical; able to identify potential schedule and project conflicts early.
- Project management
- Possess good judgement and common sense.
- Ability to navigate all stages of the Land Development process
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Experience managing multiple trades, partnering with legal, and coordinating with municipalities to see projects through to completion.
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of job site safety.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
- Position may require flexible work hours and some travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee’s job duties may change at any time, in the company’s sole discretion.