WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Land Project Manager for our South Region, Southwest Area, based in our Irving, TX, or Katy, TX office.
This position will be responsible for the leadership and implementation of the organization’s Land Management programs and initiatives for Aggregates Plants & Terminals, Ready-mix Concrete & Stabilized Base facilities in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas & Louisiana. This role will responsible for supporting local management and customers in all land issues, including but not limited to property acquisitions and divestments, new property leases, and lease renewals, tenant leases and lease renewals, parcel rezoning and permitting, liaising with outside legal counsel on land use issues, and position the company as a leader in Sustainable Resource Development.
The ideal candidate will be a Real Estate specialist with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience. The candidate must have firsthand experience in Land Management over a large geographical area. This position will report to the Region Director of Land, Environment & Sustainability.
The Land Project Manager opportunity is perfect for the professional who is looking to develop their career within a dynamic Aggregates leader.
- Facilitate and manage land acquisitions, leases, and other agreements, including development and negotiation of agreements and maintenance of relationships.
- Manage land-related licensing, permitting and zoning processes in consultation with local Management and our corporate Land Management resources.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all sites and establish a working relationship with Operations personnel and Environmental Management to help ensure compliance with and monitoring of local zoning activities and ordinance changes.
- Assist in the development of land-related capital requests and support other functional areas by compiling, entering, and maintaining data and documents in the Land Information System (LIS).
- Implement policy and strategies relevant to land and minerals management per Lehigh Hanson and HeidelbergCement Group requirements.
- Provide specialist advice and support on land and property management, permitting, and mineral resource management issues.
- Maintain appropriate property information and data in the Land Information System (LIS).
- Undertake other specific tasks or responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- Monitor and proactively report Land Management performance.
Other duties and tasks, including travel, as necessary and/or assigned to effectively carry out job responsibilities and maximize the effectiveness of this position.
- 20% - 30% travel within the assigned area
- 5% travel outside assigned area
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor of Science Degree in the related field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in real estate, preferably in the cement, aggregates, building materials, or land/resource management business.
- Demonstrable land management/real estate management skills in areas including economics, valuation, appraisal, investment, and development decision-making relating to land.
- Working knowledge of state, regional, and federal organizations, processes, regulations, and legislation affecting the cement, aggregate, building materials, and related industry.
- Exceptional communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Must be self-motivated, fast-paced, able to work independently and multi-task, capable of completing tasks with tight deadlines.
- Experience in effective public presentation and speaking, and interaction with elected government officials, staff, agencies and neighbors and community groups.
- Strong communication and project management skills. Ability to plan and lead projects that require interfaces with multiple stakeholders and differing levels of management.
- Willingness to travel across Texas and the adjacent states and spend a significant portion of time in an industrial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Diplomacy and sensitivity to highly confidential information.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.