Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is seeking skilled and motivated individuals to join our team.
Natural Resources manages Larimer County's great outdoor places, and fosters responsible land stewardship through weed management and healthy forest practices. Our mission is to establish, protect, and manage significant regional parks and open lands providing quality outdoor recreational opportunities and stewardship of natural resource values. We are committed to fostering a sense of community and appreciation for the natural and agricultural heritage of Larimer County for present and future generations.
The Land Stewardship Worker position provides a unique and rewarding seasonal employment opportunity for the spring and summer of 2019. Individuals will conduct invasive plant management and other restoration duties as needed on federal, state, county public lands, rights-of-way and private property within Larimer County. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge pertaining to native and non-native plants, desire to work outside in the back-country, initiative to work unsupervised, and is physically fit. All those hired will receive on-the-job training.
Specifically this position will:
- Identify invasive exotic and native plant species
- Mix, load, and apply herbicides in full accordance with label
- Operate and repair spray equipment
- Operate a truck and trailer
- Keep records and enter data into various computerized databases
- Map noxious weed infestations using GPS
- Interact and educate park visitors, private land owners, and volunteers and provide information to public on weed law, procedures, and policies.
- Any experience in vegetation management involving the handling and application of pesticides.
- Experience operating a truck, trailer, ATV, UTV, and spray equipment.
- Any coursework in plant biology, natural resources, physical sciences, or botany.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid State of Colorado Driver's License.
Please see link for full description: Click Here
Other Information to Note:
- This is a temporary position.
- This position is full time, working approximately 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Schedule varies between the hours of 6:00am - 5:00pm.
- This position will be based in Fort Collins and/or Loveland.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background test. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.
Temporary employees may qualify for medical benefits if eligibility requirements are met. Click here to view information on Larimer County's Benefits.