NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
This position is for an Associate Land Surveyor / Chief of Parties that helps schedule survey crews and manages field workload, trucks and equipment; helps to supervise technical staff; provides professional review of work products under the direction of the Survey Manager, and supports the Survey Manager by maintaining projects on schedule and budget.
The person in this position helps manage survey crews and provides all types of survey research, computations, review of computer-aided survey drafting of topographic maps and plats, written descriptions of land for deeds, leases, and other legal documents in accordance with local, state, federal and project requirements. Reviews projects, performs quality assurance, reports progress through completion on each project assigned by the Director of Survey.
• Provide professional & technical oversight and guidance
• Perform project research, logistics and management, review plats and prepare legal descriptions.
• Adhere to the company’s policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
• Perform quality control checks on each project, including computations, field book formats and content.
• Supervise project field crew(s) and/or serve as field PLS Party Chief
• Work on control, boundary, subdivision, heavy civil, topographic & design surveys, aerial mapping control and aeronautical surveys; may also perform hydrographic surveying.
• Accurately run and adjust survey measuring instruments including digital levels, GPS equipment, and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
• Understand and identify basic sources of measurement errors.
• Perform mathematical calculations and check field data.
• Perform data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey programs and AutoCAD.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Professional Land Surveyor registration certification a plus.
• A minimum of 10 years surveying and mapping experience required
• 3+ project management experience preferred
Experience in the use of 3D LiDAR Scanning (Static, Mobile, etc.) data registration / extraction
UAV / UAS operation, data acquisition and data reduction experience a plus
• Must possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
Right-of-way mapping and parcel plat drafting..
• Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS receivers and data collectors, and GPS reduction software.
• Experience in AutoCAD with demonstrated survey drafting skills required; excellent AutoCAD skills a plus
• Ability to read and understand survey drawings, plans & specifications.
• Knowledge of principles of monumentation, staking and marking.
• Hydrographic surveying experience a plus
• Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as long as the candidate is able to meet the physical demand requirements listed below.
Ability to deal effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. Frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to the company’s policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IND - High