DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Landscape Architect opening in Chicago, IL.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform landscape architecture and site-related design assignments requiring a solid understanding of the principles of landscape architecture, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Assists with the development and presentation of proposal and project for clients and agencies.
- Provides support to more experienced personnel in the plan and study of job requirements, scoping, criteria design determination, design concept formulation, conceptualization, and production of graphic and written materials for assigned projects.
- Develops concepts and approaches to the solution of landscape architecture and planning problems, conduct studies of new landscape architecture and planning methods, codes, processes and materials.
- Assists in budgets preparation and forecasts of man-hours, costs and time required for assigned project; and in submission of control budget and periodic status reports to management.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0 - 3 years Landscape Architecture experience
- Must possess strong site design skills and graphic abilities
- Software experience preferred: AutoCAD, Civil3D, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max or Similar
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills desired.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.