VHB is seeking a Landscape Designer/Architect to join our growing Planning and Design practice in our Watertown, MA office. Project types include both public and private sector clients primarily in the New England area, though the office does provide support to all VHB’s east coast offices.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets, as well as with federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work with multi-disciplinary project teams, assist in developing site design from concept through construction
- Prepare graphics, by hand and by computer, for design development, presentations and public process materials, including: sketch-up models, concept plans and diagrams, design studies, illustrative plans, cross sections and perspective sketches
- Assist in producing construction documents: Develop layout and material, grading, and planting plans and technical details, and write technical specifications
- Assist in preparing estimates of probable construction costs
- Conduct construction site visits and plant tagging
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in working with AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, and PowerPoint/Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with LunenRT, V-Ray, and InfraWorks is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong graphic skills and ability to organize and present ideas graphically
- Ability to handle assignments from multiple project managers
- Public speaking skills
- BS in Landscape Architecture
- 2+ years of directly related experience from design through construction
- Landscape Architect registration/license preferred; or if more recently graduated, demonstration of working toward licensing
- Familiarity with sustainable and green infrastructure design practices desired
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.