Quality Engineering & Surveying, (QES) is seeking a talented landscape architect | designer to join its planning and landscape architectural department. QES is ranked as one of Baton Rouge's Best Places to Work, LSU Alumni Fastest Growing 100 Companies and Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies.
Quality Engineering & Surveying, LLC is seeking a highly creative landscape architect | designer to support a variety of projects. The person in this position will work with QES's landscape architects, engineers and project managers. Much of the work will involve the production of graphics, renderings, and plans to be used in a variety of design projects, studies, and reports. The work offers an opportunity to contribute to and learn from progressive and innovative design teams providing landscape architecture, engineering, program management, and surveying services to our clients.
- Work with QES team members to produce design documents that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Produce detailed plans and working drawings, including grading plans, planting plans, irrigation plans, construction details, and specifications.
- Two- and three-dimensional perspective renderings, illustrative plans, and other graphics will be required by successful applicant.
- The ability to communicate clearly, and professionally, with clients, consultant teams, municipalities, and others, both graphically and through verbal/written correspondence will be essential.
- Sketching design concepts for the effective conveyance of ideas is critical within QES’s design process.
- Research and incorporate state and municipal codes governing the construction and design of landscape architectural or land planning projects
- Coordinate with municipalities to support the creation and submission of planning or permit documents.
- Coordinate with material suppliers, manufacturers, and other industry sources for samples, standard specifications, installation requirements, and design literature for design features
- Observe, interpret, and direct construction implementation in order to ensure projects are built according to building codes, project plans, specifications, and design intent.
- Respond to field conditions and changes with design solutions that protect the interests of the client and the company
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and manage correspondence.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- Licensure as a Landscape Architect is a plus or the ability to soon become licensed
- Minimum of 3 years of experience under a licensed L.A.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, site inventory requirements, site analysis procedures, local plant material, and documentation requirements for landscape architectural projects.
- Experience developing design projects from initial conceptual stage to construction/project completion.
- Organizational skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong freehand illustration and computer rendering skills.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Experience with Land FX, SketchUp, and Lumion is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Please provide cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work for consideration