Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of design and engineering professionals is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and experienced Landscape Architect who takes a holistic design approach that thoughtfully considers site context and user experience to create beautiful and functional spaces where people and the environment thrive.
As a member of our growing landscape architecture team, you will collaborate with a group of talented and innovative landscape architecture, architecture, and engineering professionals in an open-minded and energizing work environment to further enhance and advance our landscape architecture services. From community engagement, site analysis, design, and technical expertise through construction, you will become engaged in a variety of project scales and complexities, from large corporate campus design, park and trail master planning, small courtyard and plaza design, and siting new building facilities.
In this position, you will be responsible for working with senior level staff in the development of schematic designs, landscape plans, construction documentation and specifications. On occasion, you will also conduct site assessments and perform construction inspections to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design plans and standards. In addition, commensurate with experience, you may be assigned as a task lead or assist in planning, coordinating, and monitoring various design, quality, and financial aspects of projects from conception through construction.
Your ability to analyze site constraints and prepare design concepts will be essential in proposal efforts. You will participate in our business development approach by collaborating with senior team members to develop conceptual designs and programming, and to prepare graphics, site layouts, and communications pieces.
Flexible work schedules and remote accommodations will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
- Graduate of a LAAB accredited landscape architecture curriculum (BSLA, BLA, MLA).
- Registered Landscape Architect in the State of Minnesota or in the process of taking the L.A.R.E. with an ability to successfully complete all four sections within the first year of employment.
- Experienced professional with five to ten years of progressive landscape design experience with an emphasis on site evaluation and design, planting design, and storm water management for various park and trail, courtyard and plaza, and corporate campus design projects.
- Previous experience calculating construction cost estimates, conducting site assessments, and performing construction observation and inspection tasks.
- High proficiency preparing construction documentation with AutoCAD.
- High proficiency rendering graphics with Sketch-Up, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication skills when preparing technical reports and documentation, participating in project team meetings, and interacting with community members and clients.
- Ability to apply effective visual communication skills when preparing renderings and other communications materials to convey ideas and educate end users on design concepts.
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by an ability to plan, prioritize, and juggle a variety of tasks between varying phases of multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to travel locally to attend project meetings, conduct on-site consultations, observe construction activities, and meet with team members at other TKDA office locations; occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Prior experience preparing construction documentation with Civil3D.
- Previous experience leading or taking on a highly visible role with community engagement and development.
- Working knowledge of Revit and/or Lumion rendering software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued and recognized, then apply on-line today to join our team!