Landscape Construction Foreman
Marina Landscape, Inc. is looking to hire highly-motivated individuals for the Landscape Construction Foreman position at our Southern California Branch. This non-exempt position is responsible for performing a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled landscape tasks including digging, carrying materials, irrigation, drainage, landscape, and equipment operation; perform related work as required.
- Performs landscape installation functions (e.g., irrigation, drainage, horticulture); uses hand tools (e.g., pick, shovel), complex tools (e.g., wire tracker/transit), and construction equipment (e.g., back hoes, trenchers) properly
- Leads safety meetings
- Leads the work activities of a full crew
- Makes order requests on Material Requisition Form
- Reads elevations and programs controllers
- Knows Dig Alert procedures
- Communicates using Spanish and basic English
- Demonstrates strong horticulture knowledge
- Installs low voltage wiring
- Schedules equipment
- Interprets all aspects of landscape plans and specifications
- Maintains daily log (e.g., app time, as-builts, truck repairs)
- Meets vendors and subcontractors
- Thinks ahead and completes tasks efficiently within budget, production rates, and timelines
- Demonstrates full knowledge of multiple trades and construction
- Role models PPE usage
- Ensures job site is safe
- Completes administrative duties (e.g., crew time cards, signs for all deliveries, equipment inventory, punch lists) on time
- Reads blue prints
- Installs irrigation systems
- Documents and verifies safety and/or job issues
- Completes assignments within labor goals and specifications without sacrificing job quality
- Provides excellent service (e.g., accurate, complete, and timely) to clients, work-site partners, and Company staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
An example of the preferred education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and competencies for this position includes: at least four (4) years of professional landscape and construction management experience similar to that described above.
Special Note, Licenses, and Certifications
License: Incumbents are required to possess a valid California driver’s license.
Certifications: Incumbents must attain their OSHA 10-hour certification during their first 90 days of employment, and their CPR-First Aid certification during their first year of employment and maintain those certifications thereafter
Language: Basic bilingual English and Spanish skills are required of this classification.
Working Conditions: Work is predominately outdoors, exposed to varying temperatures, weather conditions, and noise levels; exposure to dust, pesticides, herbicides, grease, oils, dust, fumes, and electrical currents.
Health Insurance Benefits with Medical, Dental, and Vision
401(k) Retirement Plan
If you are interested in joining the growing Marina Team, please contact our Human Resources Department at 714-939-6600 Ext. 452, or visit us at Marinaco.com.
Marina Landscape, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.