We are currently looking for a Landscape Enhancement Crew Leader.
The primary responsibility is to lead a landscape enhancement crew. These crews are responsible for safely and efficiently completing landscape enhancement projects on assigned properties. Services to include installing plants, mulch, rock, sod, edging, retaining walls, patios.
- Direct, organize, and oversee a landscape enhancement crew to assure quality and timely completion of all tasks assigned.
- Supervise/Train crew on proper equipment operation.
- Ensure crew is sensitive and respectful of Independence Property Services equipment and customer s property at all times.
- Train/update crew s skills.
- Identify problems and follow through appropriately.
- Maintain Independence Property Services employee standards.
- Motivate and manage crew to perform tasks within the allotted budgeted hours.
- Responsible for all reporting requirements.
- Display honesty and respect when working with coworkers, contractors, customers, and other Independence Property Services employees.
II. Customer Experience
- Set the standards for a quality company image that invites customers to repeat their business.
- Emphasize importance of customer service to laborers and coworkers.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are being met.
- Communicate constructively with customers, crews, and management.
- Communicate Company policy and expectations to crew.
- Participate with the Customer Service Manager in evaluating crew s performance.
- Complete company safety training program.
- Ensure crew members are wearing proper uniforms and are dressed appropriately for conditions.
- Ensure all crew members are wearing proper PPE while operating equipment.
- Participate in maintaining a safe and secure work environment for employees and customers at all times.
- Train/Update crew members on company safety policies and proper equipment operation.
- Report any repairs or maintenance requirements needed on equipment to supervisor.
- Must be able to direct/lead employees with diversified backgrounds.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Experience leading other workers.
- Must have some horticulture knowledge and experience
- Must have a positive attitude, patience, and good follow-through skills.
- Must have a valid driver s license and a good driving record.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform duties for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to work long hours and overtime including holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work with pesticide, herbicides, and fertilizers.
*Seasonal Position (March - November)
Typical Hours: Full Time - 7:00am - 5:00pm and Saturdays during busy season
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: Based On Experience
*Winter seasonal positions available as well.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities of the job. The duties assigned may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of management.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.