The Standard in Commercial Landscape Construction - 50 years strong!
The Landscape Buyer’s primary responsibility is to procure top notch materials on time and under budget and to provide submittals to operations – Directly reports to the Purchasing Manager
- Salary - $70,000 - $80,000
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- PTO, Sick Leave
- Career Path Opportunity
- Annual Company Bonus Program
- Purchase Plant and other Landscape Construction Materials
- Source, negotiate and purchase submittal-approved irrigation materials
- Purchase Dry goods
- Analysis of vendor spreadsheets
- Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing of submittal-approved plant materials.
- Analysis of vendor spreadsheets for plant buyout
- Sourcing and re-sourcing substitute plant material as demanded in the current “empty shelf” environment
- Ongoing communication with project team members regarding potential overages and opportunities to re-coup costs.
- Accuracy review of all material requests to intercept mistakes prior to delivery
- Daily purchase order entries
- Emailing all superintendents, foreman and project managers with delivery times
- Contract grow set- up and terms negotiation
- Tree tagging vendor contact information spreadsheets
- Cash Flow Spreadsheet maintenance for accounting dept.
- Regular sourcing of new vendors,
- Negotiating payment terms, discounts, deliveries
Accounting Related Tasks
- Purchase order/Invoice reconciliation
- Monthly review of Project Manager Job Lists and reconciliation with Purchase Order Balance Reports.
- Any and all other tasks necessary to assist in the efficiency of the department. Primary Objectives of the Position
- Minimum 3 yr. experience in Irrigation or Landscape Construction Materials
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills
- Administrative / Accounting Skills
- Some College Preferred
- Computer Skills – Excel, MS Office Suite
*Please Submit Resume - Response within two business days !
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years