Charleston Grounds Management is a full-service commercial landscape firm serving clients throughout the tri-county area of Charleston, SC. We take pride in our company, our culture, our values, and our team. We provide commercial properties with personalized and detailed services to the highest of standards, specializing in commercial landscape management, installations, and enhancements. At Charleston Grounds Management, we believe in building relationships of trust from the ground up.
Charleston Grounds Management is seeking to hire an Account Manager. This person would oversee our day-to-day maintenance division and report to the Operations Manager. This position is responsible for keeping the relationships with clients positive and the properties up our company standards. You will coordinate and ensure that all clients requests are answered promptly and represent the company with the highest standards. You will also need to ensure that all crews are getting their work done in alignment with budgets and goals. We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures of Commercial Landscape Maintenance, Installation and Enhancements.
This role fosters the growth and development of the company, by maximizing the established teams and setting goals, you should continue to develop and grow the Company’s client base.
- Plan, oversee, direct, schedule and coordinate multiple crews daily
- Run morning huddles, safety meetings and training of crews
- Manage multiple commercial maintenance properties
- Address any client or maintenance concerns/problems in a timely fashion
- Provides horticulture improvement recommendations to client properties
- Identify weeds and turf issues, with the ability to determine a cause and solution to fix
- Up- sell simple plant designs and drainage
- Up-sell enhance work from mulch, annual flowers, hardscapes, landscape lighting and etc.
- Adjust and identify any irrigation problems
- Adjust and identify any drainage problems
- Assist in maintenance duties as needed
- Mediate all equipment problems
- Inspect all equipment and vehicles and ensure properly functioning for daily work
- 3-4 years of commercial landscape Account Manager experience from a verified company
- 3 years management experience/ customer service experience
- Past experience as a Landscape Crew Leader/Supervisor
- Intermediate knowledge of landscape maintenance techniques, ability to identify common plants and basic pests/diseases
- Ability to safely and effectively perform all aspects of landscape maintenance work including: mowing, blowing, pruning, edging, line trim, etc.
- Must have experience in Word and Excel and computer savvy
- Valid, insurable South Carolina driver’s license
- Motivational and ability to supervise multiple crews of workers daily to stay on budget and schedule
- Possess problem solving skills
- Must have a professional appearance and effective communication skills with clients
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to switch tasks easily and go with the flow
- Time management skills
- Responsible and accountable
- Passion for the landscape industry and the motivation to grow with a company
- The management skills to run multiple crews and handle properties
- The drive to continue education towards company development
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay based on experience- $50,000-$60,000
- Full Time, Salary position
- Healthcare options with dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Company Vehicle for business use
- Paid Holidays off
- Opportunities for growth and development
You must have landscape experience to be considered for this position. We are looking for career minded people that love the landscape industry! If you would love to work at a growing company that cares about its team members as much as its customers, then we are the company for you! If you feel that you are a good fit, are looking for growth and opportunity in your next career move, then we want to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 Annual