Kelly Scientific is seeking out motivated Veterinary professionals for a Surgical Technician opening at one of our top clients in Coon Rapids, MN.
Animal Science Technician - Surgical Technician
6 month contract to hire
Pay Rate: $18/hr
Summary: Provides care for laboratory animals during surgical preparation and surgical procedures, and provides assistance to clients as needed. Facilitates the execution of client sponsored preclinical research from pre-initiation to study completion.
- Prepares animals for surgery including anesthetic calculations, sedation and induction, intubation, IV catheter placement, specimen collections and surgical site preparation. \t
- Performs necessary lab work such as blood, fecal and urine collection and processing, etc. \t
- Prepares surgical and cath lab suites for procedures, including setting up instruments and stocking study-specific supplies. \t
- Monitors anesthesia and animal vitals during surgical, interim and terminal procedures. \t
- Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures SOPs in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations as they apply to the preclinical research environment and individual protocols. \t
- Provides customer service to clients through professional interactions and by responding to client requests.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a veterinary, biology or other animal science-related field is required, and a Certified Veterinary Technician CVT or ALAT certification is preferred. \t
- Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care required.
Please apply online or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.