Police Officer - Lateral Certified Outside Washington State - Immediate Openings
2020 Annual Base Salary:$78,396 to $103,152 (MPO $88,200 to $103,152)
- $10,000 paid in two increments
- 40 hours of vacation upon hire
- 40 hours of sick leave upon hire
To Apply: Complete the online application atwww.desmoineswa.applicantpro.com.
Insurance Coverage and Retirement:The City provides an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance at 150% of annual salary, long term disability insurance, survivor income benefit insurance, Washington State LEOFF retirement, plus a 401(a) Social Security replacement plan. See Benefits Summary athttp://www.desmoineswa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1966.
- Must hold current and valid certification from a state that has reciprocity with the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (WSCJTC); must pass WSCJTC's equivalency academy within six months of hire as a full-time commissioned police officer in the state of Washington.
- Must be a commissioned law enforcement officer in good standing with at least 12 consecutive months of such experience working for law enforcement agency.
- Any lapse of employment as a full-time commissioned law enforcement officer shall not exceed the previous 24 months, calculated from the date of appointment with the City of Des Moines.
- See job announcement at www.desmoineswa.applicantpro.com for other requirements.
EOE:The City of Des Moines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.