The purpose of a LAUNDRY ATTENDANT is to ensure laundry is clean and ready for room attendants to stock guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prior to washing, ready linen by removing foreign objects.
- Wash and dry laundry using correct formula for each wash load.
- Fold items using technique as outlined in brand standards or by management.
- Ensure that finished laundry has no wrinkles, tears or stains - remove unacceptable product to a specified location to ensure only quality product is used in guest rooms.
- Maintain laundry area in a clean and orderly manner; check and clean lint traps daily on all equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping and customer service standards by ensuring that towels, sheets and linens are cleaned, ironed (if necessary); and stored properly.
- Maintains an acceptable pace of work to ensure efficiency and that inventory is maintained for guest needs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with brand standards and with emphasis on meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school education is not required.
- Up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.