A BRAND NEW Continuing Care Retirement Community, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is now hiring Laundry Workers. The Laundry Technician is responsible for the daily operations of laundry services within Environmental Services Department. These duties include, but are not limited to, sorting and recording all laundry/linen received for washing, drying, folding and ironing (on occasion).
Laundry Experts! Join our team and work with brand new equipment-
Great full time hours, pay ($14/hr) and benefits
- Performs general laundry duties including washing, ironing, folding, sorting, etc. of clothing and linens.
- Picks up and delivers laundry to the Resident�s, kitchens, pool, therapy rooms, beauty salon and health center, as directed.
- Ensures that the laundry is maintained in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Replenishes laundry chemicals as needed.
- Properly utilizes all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during sorting and loading process and when handling contaminated linens.
- Labels new linen for guest rooms, therapy rooms, massage rooms, beauty salon, rollaway beds, etc.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies in proper condition, including supply closets.
- Attends daily shift kick-off meeting and participates in daily stretches.
- Assist other co-workers as assigned.
- Protects Community property/equipment and makes sure there are no defects.
- Notify supervisors on any damages, deficits and disturbances.
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- Observes and notifies Supervisor about noticeable changes in a Resident�s health, demeanor or disposition.
- Previous commercial laundry experience preferred
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and motivated.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort 80% of the work day including repetitive folding movements, and strenuous pulling movements. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach, and stoop 90% of the work day Must be able to work in moderate/elevated high heat levels for up to 90% of the work day. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs., use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 300 lbs. May be exposed to communicable diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B viruses; industrial and household chemicals; offensive odors; and elevated heat levels.
Welcome to The Glen at Scripps Ranch!
Located in Scripps Ranch - San Diego, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is a brand new developing Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC).
The Glen at Scripps Ranch offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Free employee gym, tuition assistance, commuter reimbursement, employee referral award, AND MORE!
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others! Apply today online or stop by to complete an application.