Are you the type of person who likes to collaborate with others to have a direct impact on how an office is run? Siegel Jennings, a law firm with a multistate practice focused solely on property taxes, is hiring an experienced, full-time Firm Administrator who will be based in the firm’s Cleveland, Ohio office. This is a unique role with responsibilities for day-to-day management of IT, Finance HR/ Benefits and is part of the strategic planning function at the firm, producing financial reports, profitability analysis and projections.
IT - Responsible for all aspects of technology, including hardware, software, support, purchases and all third-party vendor relationships. Also responsible for internal controls and ensuring the confidentiality of all work products.
Accounting/Finance - Responsible for AP, AR, bank reconciliations, expense management, appropriate internal controls and preparation of annual budgets and forecasts. Works with outside accounting firm to file annual tax returns.
HR/Benefits - Coordinate all activities related to firm policies and procedures, employee life cycle activities and benefit programs including cost-sharing structures, enrollment activities and plan design. Also responsible for payroll administration, tracking time off (PTO, FMLA, LOAs, etc.) and compliance with legal requirements pertaining to the HR function.
Administration - Special project management of leases, allocation of office space/moves, contract negotiations for services and repairs, etc. Develop and implement business continuity and emergency response plans.
Experience/Educational Requirements - BS in professional discipline such as Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent on-the-job experience. Prior management experience in a professional services environment a plus.
- Willing to dive into demanding situations with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" approach to problem solving and ability to do what needs to be done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with others in a professional and service-oriented manner.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others.
- Advanced level Word, Excel and Outlook skills. Experience using a database and accounting and tax preparation software.
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Ability to prioritize workload, deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- High level of confidentiality.
About Siegel Jennings - We are a successful and growing law firm that advocates for fair property taxation on behalf of all taxpayers, striving to achieve results and provide long-term strategies that ensure sustainable economic growth. With over 40 years’ experience and offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Chicago and Pittsburgh, Siegel Jennings employs its field-leading skill and highest professional standards in pursuit of our clients’ interests.
Our core values are a fundamental belief of our firm and they guide everything we do.
- No Job Too Small
- Positive Attitude
- Do the Right Thing