POSITION: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Spanish Speaking)
REPORT TO: Director of Behavioral Health
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This licensed clinician will provide licensed clinical social work to children, adults, and families or groups regarding psychological or emotional problems such as adjustment to illness and pain, domestic violence, post traumatic stress and anxiety, mood disorders, psychosis, attention deficit, substance abuse, addictive gambling, or family situations. This licensed clinician will develop plans with the client and implements therapeutic treatment plan in strength-based model in both the doctors’ offices and the individual counseling office. The licensed clinician will provide culturally sensitive mental health services to the Latino communities by providing assessments, referrals and follow-up appointments.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, and SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS
- Provide direct behavioral health and medical social work services to Latino individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health.
- Provide crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned by the Director of Behavioral Health.
- Provide specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Participate in weekly case review meetings.
- Supply case files including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law, department and Unicare.
- Supply court psychosocial evaluations, give reports of attendance and make court appearances when necessary.
- The LCSW will discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services such as observing urine tests.
- The LCSW will be able to conducts relaxation exercises or learn relaxation skills from supervision, facilitate peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- The clinician will refer clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive training.
- Performs other training and job-related activities mandated.
- Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the Clinic as directed.
- Periodically provide community mental health presentations and power point presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or Unicare staff.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Licensed in California as an LCSW and have up to two years of clinical experience post masters degree and preferably some experience in medical social work.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: none
WORK HOURS: Full-time exempt employee; ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: 90000.00 Annual