Lead Administrator Server (IT)
Arizona State University
CANES Private Cloud Engr
Depends on experience
Administers, manages and evaluates all aspects of the server/system architecture to ensure optimal network reliability, security, data integrity and inter-operability with third party systems and applications.
- Use the following tools and technologies: Linux systems (preferably RHEL) administration
- Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ansible
- Provide enterprise infrastructure support: RedHat security patching using Satellite
- Coordinate and perform testing of system enhancements and patches
- Perform test scripts and system configuration to ensure results achieve desired outcomes throughout all effected systems
- Take ownership of assigned tasks, and execute with minimal supervision
- Advocate for and apply best practices, and reinforce processes
- Be familiar with at least one Hyerpvisor technology; Nutanix AHV, VIVIware ESX, or Windows Hyper-V
- Participate in on-call rotation and escalation support. Some weekends as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or closely related field AND eight (8) years experience in server/network administration, virtual environment; server security, Linux administration, OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in building/designing/deploying/managing systems or applications in AWS
- Experience with APM tools and techniques (e.g., New Relic, App Dynamics, Datadog, SolarWinds, CloudWatch)
- Experience in working closely with all stakeholders to support needs through identification of system tuning/performance solutions
- Experience in defining tasks, coordinating upgrades, implementation and retirement of servers
- Demonstrated knowledge of overall user needs/issues for delivery of products/solutions designed to address these
- Demonstrated knowledge with Databases; Oracle, MySQL, Sybase
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking. Frequent physical demands may include working in cramped and close surroundings subject to exposure to electrical connections. Use office equipment including a desktop computer. Lift and move objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds. Clearly communicate to perform essential duties..
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID# 52945BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3831396_5494
Depends on experience