As part of the Humana Machine Learning Platform team you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects with the goal to improve the everyday life of our members. As an AI engineer on the Machine Learning Platform team you will be an individual contributor and collaborate with data scientist, analyst, business and IT teams to build data applications that create new capabilities for our partners. You will be expected to lead by example participating in programming, documentation, design session, code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
Engineering data science applications is not easy or trivial. It requires solid design, software development and social skills. Knowing this we work as a team to break apart the challenges inherent to our domain and work together to develop the best solution possible. To do this our team operates in an open environment where everybody is promoted to share their code and ideas, provide feedback on code/processes and document their work.
Some of the tools we use:
+ Azure, Azure Dev Ops
+ Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Service, CosmosDB
+ Python, SQL and Bash
+ SQL Server, PySpark, Kafka, HDFS
+ RHEL, Docker
• Design and build a secure Machine Learning Platform infrastructure on Azure, using best practices in networking, data security, application security and Azure services
• Self-directed and comfortable supporting the devOps needs of multiple teams, systems and products
• Design and develop machine learning solutions for Humana enterprise Analytics.
• Possess understanding of computer science parallelism concepts and efficient data processing techniques suitable for machine learning applications
• Understand available data, including both in structured and unstructured formats, and recommend effective ways for storage and analytical processing in the cloud.
• Mentor more junior team members and act as a leader by example for the team. This is a very senior level position and will be expected to help grow and mature the overall skillset of the team.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment, closely interacting with business and some of industry’s best software engineers, machine learning scientists, data engineers, and data scientists.
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of experience working on cloud platforms (prefer Azure).
• 2+ years of experience with terraform or similar infrastructure framework
• 2+ years of experience with containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
• 5+ years of software development experience, with at least moderate Python experience
• Familiar with version control and best practices around CI/CD
• Solid knowledge of authentication and authorization for data access and cloud services
• Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Willingness to learn new technologies and comprehend unfamiliar data domains and new business processes quickly
• Open source contributions and portfolio of shipped code at GitHub
• 3+ years of development on Azure Cloud Platform (including ADLS2, Databricks, ADF, ML Services, AKS)
• Azure Certifications.
• Prior experience of designing and building APIs and services for data
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms –when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that’s why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.